Simple DIY Dishwashing Soap with Natural Ingredients
Dishwashing is a regular chore we can’t avoid, that is why dishwashing soap in an essential commodity in the home. However, commercially produced soap may not always be the best option for this chore. This is because they may contain additives which are not cleaning agents, and might not be appealing to everyone’s skin. They may also be quite expensive, considering the quantity they come in. Nonetheless, you can make your dishwashing soap at home, using natural ingredients you can easily have access to. Here is a simple DIY dishwashing soap using Borax.
2. Washing soda
3. White vinegar
5. Your favorite essential oil
1. Measure 1 tablespoon (2g) of Borax in a large bowl, mix with 1 tablespoon (14g) of washing soda, 1/2cup (120ml) of essential oil, and 2 tablespoons (30ml) of white distilled vinegar. Stir the mixture thoroughly to ensure all the ingredients properly blend.
2. Put 21/2 cups (600ml) of water in a saucepan and heat it with a stove; it should take approximately 5 to 10 minutes to boil. Drop the hot pan from the stove and gradually pour your Borax mixture into the boiled water. Stir the mixture in a slightly vigorous manner after each addition to ensure the soap is mixed correctly. Be sure to use protective gloves when taking this second step, and also be careful not to allow the hot mixture to touch your skin during the process.
3. Allow the soap cool before taking it out of the saucepan; it should take about 20 to 30 minutes to be at room temperature. Pour the soap mixture into a dispenser and place it beside your kitchen sink for use
1. You can add some soap making dye to give it any color you want, though this is optional, and it doesn’t help the cleaning process.
2. Recycle old dishwashing soap bottle laying around the house, remove any old soap residue by rinsing the container.
3. Although the homemade soap may have few suds and bubbles unlike the commercially produced one, the homemade formula still retains its cleaning ability, and you can use it for washing all types of dishes and cooking utensils.
Why should I learn how to make homemade dishwashing soap
These days, people find it difficult to do simple things that will help them save money and bring out their creative sides. While this is partly due to the fact that we all want an easy life, so we opt for already made things, it is also due to the gradual death of the simple skill learning culture in our society. If you are wondering why you need to learn how to make homemade dishwashing soap as a young person, below are a few reasons:
- It saves you money: Well, with the prices of simple things like dishwashing soap going up, there is no doubt that people will be on the lookout for cheaper but effective alternatives. Asides the fact that it is cheaper for you to make your dish soap at home, you can also make some money for yourself by branding and selling your soap at a cheaper rate to neighbors and other people. With the availability of social media as a platform where you can showcase your product, you can reach a larger audience and make more sales.
- You know what you are using: Many storebought products are loaded with harmful ingredients and chemicals that can cause damage to your skin. This recipe features only natural ingredients, so you are sure of your safety and that of your prospective customers if you choose to market your homemade
- It is a valuable skill: If we are honest, we all will agree that the simple things we overlook are sometimes the things that make a huge difference. Not everyone has the financial strength to register with a skill acquisition center, or even learn under an establishment or craftsman. Homemade dishwashing soap is easy to practice on your own and costs nothing to learn ( after all, it has been made available here at no cost).
- Self-confidence: Have you ever felt like you are not doing enough with your time, or you are not doing as well as your peers? This is a chance to do something simple that can give you financial freedom and help boost your confidence. Nothing beats seeing the works of your hands on the shelves of stores, or in the hands of others around you.
- You’ll be helping others: Helping people must not involve giving them money. Offering a product such as this one that is a necessity at an affordable price is a way to help those around you. Imagine a regular bottle of dish soap being sold for 700 Naira, while your’s goes for 300 Naira. Because the ingredients are affordable and readily available, you do not run at a loss, and you help people save over 100% of what they would have spent.