The Microsoft suite, also abbreviated as the MS Office suite, is a collection of programs for basic productivity activities, including a word processing program, a spreadsheet tool, presentation software, an email program, etc.
Although it faces competition from other commercial products, including those from Apple and Google, and from open-source packages such as LibreOffice, it’s one of the most popular software packages on the planet. There are significant parts of the Microsoft suite of programs available, both for internet browser use and for local pc use.
It is imperative that you understand everything about the tool’s features and how to make the most of this software. It is also crucial that you know how to use each feature to generate outstanding and excellent documents.
Here are a few useful features of the Microsoft Suite:
- The Smart Lookup Feature: This feature makes finding facts through search engines easier. It helps to look at the meaning of the chosen text, analyze the circumstances surrounding it, and show you all the important findings. You can find this function in Phrase, PowerPoint, and Excel. You can scan for texts using the browser, but the functionality is an impressive adjustment that helps save time.
- Assisting you with the Recent Documents: If you want to give your friend a document by email but don’t know where you saved it, this can trigger many issues. There is a feature in the office that enables you to see all the latest documents you have worked on. You do not have to spend too much time searching through all the files you need to find the document you need.
- The ‘Tell Me’ Feature: It is a beneficial function since it is the easiest way to get to the function or action you want to execute. All you are required to do is enter the word or phrase that is connected to the tasks you want to perform. The box will display a menu where the suggestions can be seen. It helps to get the features you want. Plus, you can get that with the customary helper viewer if you’d like some help.
- Keeping Up-to-Date Documents: You can keep things up to date by using Microsoft Office Professional. It provides the functionality of adding to the document the current time and date. You can input the current time and date on it while using the document on some other date. Only seconds are required. You may fail to update the date and time, so Microsoft suite provides a function that automatically updates it.
- An Outstanding Brainstorming Tool: If you need to collect some ideas before you start working on your paper, then word will help you. You can pick any position on the text, double-click, and start writing. It provides a freestyle writing method. All of your thoughts can be written down while leaving some room between them to expand on the concepts. You can also insert texts and graphics. It is an exceptional mind mapping tool.
- Quick Steps to Build Table Graphs: The new word function has made it easier to turn tables into graphs if the document you are writing has a lot of tables in it, and you need to construct graphs. There are three primary steps that can help in creating graphs. Everything you need to do is insert a tab that is located on the ribbon. The next move is to select the tool called object. It is accessible inside the named text category and opens the dialog box. You need to pick the Microsoft Graph Chart when you access the object types. You can get the graphs by clicking on them. There is also an alternative that will assist with the document formatting.
- Options for translations: You can translate a text into various languages by using the Translate function. This option is found in the research tab on the right side of the office. You can translate only a word or as many phrases as possible. It also lets you, regardless of the length of the text, translate the entire document. You can use a web browser to view it.
Why you need to understand Word on the Microsoft suite
Below are a few reasons you need to understand Word on the Microsoft suite:
So many companies use Microsoft Suite
Since so many organizations use Microsoft, the knowledge you have working on the app are easily applicable to new jobs and businesses. It’s like you are speaking the same language as everyone else! When you don’t, what happens to you and your career?
Microsoft Suite enhances employee communication
With Microsoft suite, you can easily connect and interact. You are practically on the same page as your co-workers, whether you are using Outlook for email or reaping the benefits of co-authoring functionality in Word and PowerPoint. The ease of communication helps to minimize mistakes and enhance the quality of service you offer to your clients.
Microsoft Suite makes a business extra efficient
Microsoft enables you to work more effectively so that you can be more efficient. For instance, Microsoft Excel not only helps you to insert and compute data quickly; it also has sophisticated analytical software so that you can find trends and make good financial decisions. Assistants with the appropriate skills can now promptly complete complex tasks once carried only by professional accountants.
All programs in Microsoft Suite are user-friendly
Each of the MS Office features is user-friendly and includes right-in built support files that are easy to access. Only go to the support tab and input your question if you get stuck at any moment. You can also use online instructional help on how to troubleshoot whatever problems occur.
You should read this and learn – 15 Best Digital Skills to Learn in 2021
7 Things You Should Know About Microsoft Office to Make Work Easier – Lifehack
4 Important Reasons You Need to Know the Microsoft Office Suite – Chartercollege